Friday, November 27, 2009

Propper's Blog, Stardate -314905.35

For my entire life I have wanted to write a journal. Problem is, I never have anything to write. Oh, sometimes something really great happens in my life and I want to write it down, but 98% of my life is the same old thing. Who wants to die and leave their journals for their kids to find if their legacy is only going to be like this...



Tuesday, December 8th, 2009

Today I went to work at Lifeline for my usual 24 hour shift. I ate at Wendy's for lunch. Those spicy asian chicken bites are pretty good, but they really give me gas. I picked up that old drunk again. Bitch. She needs to drink herself into a coma and die. But then she would probably just turn into a drunk zombie and we would keep hauling her. New NCIS is on tonight, that's cool. Today Grohler said pumpersnicker instead of pumpernickel. We put it on the list.



Wednesday, December 9th, 2009

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, need you to come in we got one going to St. Louis, happy birthday to me.



Thursday, December 10th, 2009

It was my day off today. I went and paid the bills. The people at Rent One are still retarded. The people at Wal-Mart are still retarded, not that I pay bills at Wal-Mart, I'm just saying they are still retarded. Wife was at work most of the day so I played some video games when I got back from paying the bills. God those little cherub bastards in Ghostbusters are tuff. The end boss isn't anywhere near as hard as those cherubs. I ate potato wedges from the gas station for dinner. They gave me gas.



Friday, December 11th, 2009

I'm at Lifeline for 24 again. First thing this morning I picked up that old drunk bitch again. God. A student came in to do ride time today. She sat at my spot on the couch. I killed her and hid the body in Robby's locker. I chewed on a piece of ice at some point. It gave me gas.



See?! I've got no life. Who would want their kids to find that in a journal? We all have the movie-esq vision of our kids growing up, and someday after we die, they find an old dusty leather bound journal from mom or dad that was written long ago. Tear struck, they read it to find out that mom was full of angst as a teen just as they are, or dad was a firefighter and saved peoples lives, or so-and-so was an artist too... blah blah blah. Lana Langs found her mothers journal in the garage in Smallville. The boy in Vampire Diaries found his great x4 uncles journal. If my kids find my journal, the only tear jerking it's going to cause is because their dad was a looser.

So I've given up on the journal. Screw legacy. I'm just going to leave my kids my debt. They will probably grow up to be jerks anyway. Just look at their dad. But I still feel the need to write. Not because I'm good at it, God no... but because I enjoy it. So what your going to get is this. A completely unoriginal blog about what I love most in life. Movies, movie props, video games, and sometimes comic books.
I suppose I could write a "journal", but I can't rant on and on about just anything. Usually my "status" is enough to convey my thoughts. My wife is going to kill me for this statement, but when I posted in my status that we found out that she was pregnant, that was all I really had to say about it. I mean, I could have gone on to say more, but what? She's pregnant, and at the time it was little more than a booger in her womb. Woo. There's something to write about. We didn't know what sex it was, we have no idea what we are going to name it, we don't know what color we are going to paint it's nursery or what we are going to decorate it with.
What I can talk about at length though is geek stuff. Unfortunately I don't really have anybody to talk about it with as I'm pretty well the only geek I know, except Dan, but he's more a nerd than a geek. So I'm going to talk to my myspace page and you may feel free to read what I say. So, on with the blog!



Today I'm sitting on my love seat in my living room, stealing internet from the neighbor, and watching Family Guy: Blue Harvest. I was going to watch season one of G.I. Joe, but it's disappeared. Go figure. In the dining room I've got the table covered by newspapers and model parts. I'm working on a 1:25 scale OCP Detroit Police cruiser, IE: Robocop's car. Not a bad little model. Excellent details on some of the smaller parts. I only have a few gripes with the kit. First off... what the hell is with the lightbar on the car? The model comes with a Federal Signal Jetsonic strobe lightbar, and a Visibeam roof mounted spot light. Now, in the first two movies his car was equipped with a Whelen Edge strobe lightbar. In Robocop 3 they replaced the Edge with a Code 3 MX7000 lightbar. In the TV Series his car had a Federal Signal Vector lightbar. Why such great detail on the car and other equipment and then put the wrong bar on it? Another problem I have is that the car is missing the MDT, but I can live without it. It was a small detail that was never really used on screen, but it was in the car and it was scripted to be used, but for technical and time reasons it wasn't. Would have been a really nice detail though. Another problem I have is probably pure laziness on my part, but I think my reasoning is logical. As well as the body and interior details, it has engine and mechanical details. A lot of engine and mechanical details. The engine block is in two halves, no big deal. Then there is the timing belt, front and rear cam covers, front and rear exhaust manifold, starter, oil filter, oil pan, air cleaner box, air duct/density meter, power steering pump, air conditioning compressor, alternator, battery, lower and upper radiator hoses, left and right steering knuckles, tie rod, sub-frame, inlet manifold, distributor, transaxle, radiator, struts, master brake cylinder, windshield wiper motor, catalytic converter, exhaust, rear suspension, mufflers... holy shit...Ok, well, I guess people do enjoy just building this stuff, so I'll give them that. Me? I like the finished product. And to me the finished product doesn't require all of that. When sitting on my shelf you will never see the exhaust and all of that, so who cares? Waste of time if you ask me. Same with the engine compartment. Once I glue the hood on, nobody will ever see the engine again. That is, until one of my snot nosed brats finds it in a box after I die and smashes the shit out of it with a hammer. So why build it? Because if you don't, you can't put the wheels on... shit...

Yesterday I started working on an X-Wing starfighter made by the ERTL company. It was horrible. So I picked up my TIE Interceptor made by the ERTL company. It was horrible. How can a company make a product that is designed specifically for the detail enthusiasts, and manufacture it in a way that the parts don't actually go together properly and require heavy modification to look semi decent? What a croc. So, not a fan of ERTL. After chucking those into the parts box, I decided that I would never buy an ERTL product again. I then began construction on the Robocop cruiser made by ERTL...

Also on the project table, what I like to call "ongoing projects", are a few movie props. My current ongoing projects are 2 1:1 scale Proton Packs from Ghostbusters, a 1:1 scale Ghost Trap from Ghostbusters, a 1:1 scale PKE meter from Ghostbusters, and a couple 1:1 scale uniforms from Ghostbusters. They are ongoing because of several reasons. Anybody in the hobby of movie prop replication know that there is a lot of time and of course money involved in finding accurate parts, or fabrication of replica parts. As I don't have the tools to fabricate metal parts I have to wait for somebody else to either make some and sell the extras, or a bunch of us "proppers" have to get together to fund a run of parts at a metal shop. Right now I'm waiting on parts. Not much of a story there.

I guess that will do for a first blog. Yea, I know, I didn't really say much of any substance or value, but I don't really have anything of any substance or value to say. Ever. Deal with it. When I geek out a little more, I will update with a new blog.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment