Monday, November 30, 2009

Propper's Blog, Stardate 63913.22

Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to do much with either the Robo car model or that fricken game. The wife was home sick most of the day, so I spent most of my time with her. She did go to work for a few hours though, and this is was I accomplished...

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (VG)
When I play this game I fee like a little kid that has found a toy lightsaber and now everybody wants to kill me. Some of the force powers are cool and all, but it you take the time required to stop and use one you will loose half of your life. So you usually spend most of your time running in circles trying not to get hit, smacking anything that walks directly into your path with your lightsaber. And I do mean smacking, not slicing. The baseball bat in Grand Theft Auto is a more effective tool than the Lightsaber is. Ok, here's the lowdown... When the game first starts you are weak. Through game play you earn power ups that you can assign to whatever you want to power up. However, I notice very little difference in anything. For your basic enemies you have the lowly Stormtrooper... at the start of the game it takes 2 smacks with the lightsaber to kill them. After a power up it takes one. But, come on, it's a lightsaber!! Shouldn't it take only one good "slice" with a lightsaber to kill pretty much any humanoid sentient being?! Apparently, no. Then you have the Stormtroopers carrying the Imperial Repeaters. They always take several smacks. Stormtroopers with "Force" shields (yea, it deflects the Force...) take several smacks. Stormtroopers with jetpacks, Biker Scouts or "Snipers" as the game calls them, UNARMORED Rodians, random space critters never seen before... they all take several hits to take down. The random space critters can apparently block your lightsaber blade by raising their arms... yea... and the Dark Trooper rejects that are more robotic feeling than anything have energy shields that block your attacks. The trick is to figure out which force powers to use on which enemies. The Dark Troopers shield blocks all lightsaber attacks, but if you throw some force lightning at them they will loose a small fraction of health and allow you to run up and smack them two or three times before they get pissy and knock you across the room. Or you can use force grip to throw stuff at anybody, but when you do your guard is down and an AT-ST shoots a rocket up your butt. I don't know... The game has a lot of potential, and seeing the force powers they way they are in the game is great... but I'm probably going to finish this title and go back to playing Jedi Outcast.

Robocop's Police Car (model)
Not much to report unfortunately. I got most of the parts painted in at least primer. I've started assembly in some minor areas, but nothing special. One thing to not though, apparently I'm a dumbass. Yup, reported here first, Stretch is a dumbass. From my reading of the instructions it was my understanding that you could not put the wheels on the car without building the engine and all that crap because it's all supported the same. Well, the suspension system does attach to the engine block and all of that, but it also attaches to the car and uses it for it's support. No need to build the engine. However, I've already got most of the work done, I just need to glue the pieces together. No big deal at this point. Might as well complete it I guess.

The Ghost Whisperer (TV)
I feel like I'm watching a creepy version of Touched by an Angel. I still don't know if I like it, which probably means I don't.


I think I'm going to start making this blog a little bit more structured at this point. I believe that I've touched on most of what I'm doing geek-wise at this point. My first effort at structuring will be to make this a weekly blog. Expect updates to be posted on Fridays from this point on. I think if I have a week to work on the blog it will help me make it a little bit more organized, as well as work on projects so that I'm not posting everyday with stuff like "I glued a car seat into the model today...", and I can actually get a major amount of work done that is worthy of talking about. Until next time, live long and prosper.

See? I did it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment